Chhattisgarh GK, CGPSC Quiz, Chhattisgarh News, Current Affairs 2017

Govt. allot Rs. 120 Crore for polce stations in Naxal-hit areas

Home ministry has released the first installment of Rs 120 crore for construction of 400 fortified police stations, mostly in Naxal-hit areas of the country.   As part of a decision of the Cabinet Committee on Security, the Home Ministry has identified 83 worst Nxal-hit districts to construct or strengthen 400 fortified police stations at a cost of Rs 2 crore each. The Ministry has released Rs 120 crore -- Rs 30 lakh each - as first supplementary grant for incurring expenditure on these police stations located in nine Left-wing extremism affected states. The states which will be benefited most are Bihar (85 police stations), Chhattisgarh (75), Jharkhand (75), Odisha (70), West Bengal (18) and Madhya Pradesh (12).
Under the scheme, the Centre would assist the state government on 80:20 basis -- 80 per cent of the cost to be borne by the Centre while remaining 20 per cent by the state. The state government will ensure a minimum strength of 40 police personnel is maintained in each of these police stations. The level of violence in Naxal-affected states is still unacceptably high with 447 civilians and 142 security personnel killed in 2011. Apart from various Centrally-sponsored schemes, the Union government is implementing the special Integrated Action Plan in 78 worst Maoist-hit districts to carry out different development programmes. The funds for the project are placed at the disposal of a committee headed by the district collector to oversee its implementation.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email

Recent Posts